Work Health And Safety
Royal Wolf is committed to managing all operations of our business associated with the sales, hire and modification of containers by implementing effective controls to protect the health, safety and welfare of all workers, visitors and members of the community by eliminating or minimising risks to health and safety as far as reasonably practicable.
Our objective is to create and maintain a positive safety culture across all areas of the business where all workers believe that all injuries are preventable by active participation, consultation and cooperation of all persons in promoting and developing measures to improve health, safety and welfare at work.
In order to achieve our objective we will focus on:
- Compliance with safety and workers compensation legislation, and relevant standards or codes of practice within Australia and New Zealand as applicable.
- Ensuring all persons takes reasonable care for their own health and safety and their acts or omissions do not adversely affect the health and safety of others.
- Pro-actively managing risks through the identification of hazards, risk assessment and elimination or control of those hazards.
- Effective consultation between all workers and suppliers of goods and services.
We will meet our Objectives by:
- Developing, implementing, maintaining and monitoring safe systems that deliver a safe working environment inclusive of standards, policies and procedures to ensure their integrity and effectiveness to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Communicating health and safety systems with all workers, company suppliers of goods and services, and relevant stakeholders.
- The provision and maintenance of premises, equipment, plant and substances as necessary to ensure all workers can safely and competently carry out their work.
- Ongoing monitoring evaluation and establishment of measurable OHS objectives and targets of OHS performance.
- An active response and investigation of all incidents, ensuring injured employees are returned to pre-injury or suitable alternate duties at the earliest possible opportunity.
Surf club rides the shipping container wave
Red Beach Surf Lifesaving Club north of Auckland is using shipping containers for traditional – and not so traditional – uses on the beach this summer. At its main site in Red Beach, the club is using three modified Royal Wolf shipping containers for storage while they renovate their clubrooms. Further north at Pakiri, where […]
Royal Wolf helps young athlete chase her dreams
Royal Wolf New Zealand has helped sponsor a trip of up and coming athletics champion Mackenzie Millen to Australia where she will represent New Zealand. The Papakura 12-year-old is in Adelaide this week at the Pacific School Games where she is competing against other school aged students from 15 countries. Mackenzie has a range of […]
Royal Wolf sponsor students’ entry to Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon
Shipping container specialists Royal Wolf are helping children from two primary schools – one in South Auckland and another in Christchurch – to compete in their local Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon. Harewood Primary School and East Tamaki Primary School, both located close to Royal Wolf offices in Christchurch and Auckland respectively, are each sending teams of […]
Meat Display Cabinet – Shipping Container Modification
Brisbane Ekka 2016, have hired several 10’ and 20’ Kiosk containers to be used as ticket offices at this year’s event. In addition the event organisers approached Royal Wolf to build a new Meat Display Cabinet. Our Australian Royal Wolf team of engineering and modification experts customised a 20ft […]