Work Health And Safety
Royal Wolf is committed to managing all operations of our business associated with the sales, hire and modification of containers by implementing effective controls to protect the health, safety and welfare of all workers, visitors and members of the community by eliminating or minimising risks to health and safety as far as reasonably practicable.
Our objective is to create and maintain a positive safety culture across all areas of the business where all workers believe that all injuries are preventable by active participation, consultation and cooperation of all persons in promoting and developing measures to improve health, safety and welfare at work.
In order to achieve our objective we will focus on:
- Compliance with safety and workers compensation legislation, and relevant standards or codes of practice within Australia and New Zealand as applicable.
- Ensuring all persons takes reasonable care for their own health and safety and their acts or omissions do not adversely affect the health and safety of others.
- Pro-actively managing risks through the identification of hazards, risk assessment and elimination or control of those hazards.
- Effective consultation between all workers and suppliers of goods and services.
We will meet our Objectives by:
- Developing, implementing, maintaining and monitoring safe systems that deliver a safe working environment inclusive of standards, policies and procedures to ensure their integrity and effectiveness to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Communicating health and safety systems with all workers, company suppliers of goods and services, and relevant stakeholders.
- The provision and maintenance of premises, equipment, plant and substances as necessary to ensure all workers can safely and competently carry out their work.
- Ongoing monitoring evaluation and establishment of measurable OHS objectives and targets of OHS performance.
- An active response and investigation of all incidents, ensuring injured employees are returned to pre-injury or suitable alternate duties at the earliest possible opportunity.
Shipping Container Couture in East Tamaki
The world of high fashion and shipping containers collided during a glamorous photoshoot set against the back drop of containers at Royal Wolf New Zealand’s head office. Luxury New Zealand fashion label, Moochi, photographed the clothes from its spring collection at Royal Wolf’s Customer Service Centre in East Tamaki with the containers used to enhance […]
Modified container keeps explosives and flares safely contained
In a shipping container first for New Zealand, safety and survival company Survitec Group is using a modified container known as a Relocatable Explosive Magazine (REM) to safely store flares, rockets and live ammunition. The bespoke storage container was developed by shipping container specialists Royal Wolf and is strong and robust enough to withstand a […]
Royal Wolf Australia utilise hoardings for Bus Shelters
When Talis Civil was awarded the Penrith Station Upgrade late last year, they turned to Royal Wolf to provide a solution for local commuters who would be without bus shelters throughout the October 2016 to April 2017 construction period. Royal Wolf made quick work of the construction, supplying and setting up 16 hoardings for temporary […]
Meat Display Cabinet – Shipping Container Modification
Brisbane Ekka 2016, have hired several 10’ and 20’ Kiosk containers to be used as ticket offices at this year’s event. In addition the event organisers approached Royal Wolf to build a new Meat Display Cabinet. Our Australian Royal Wolf team of engineering and modification experts customised a 20ft […]